Oliver Bloom is a professional candle maker and artist who has been crafting beautiful candles for over 15 years. He is known for his intricate designs and attention to detail. Oliver enjoys experimenting with different materials and techniques to create one-of-a-kind candles that are both functional and decorative.
Dear candle enthusiasts,
If you're looking for a unique and enchanting addition to your home decor, you may have come across the four long yellow candles that burn day and night. These candles, also known as day and night candles, are a fascinating creation that can add a touch of magic to any space.
Day and night candles are a type of homemade long burning candles that are designed to burn continuously for a full 24 hours. They are typically made using a combination of beeswax and soy wax, which gives them their distinctive yellow color and long burn time. The beeswax provides a slow and steady burn, while the soy wax helps to enhance the scent and create a smooth texture.
To make your own day and night candles, you'll need a few key ingredients and materials. Here's a step-by-step guide to get you started:
2. Melt the wax: Begin by melting the beeswax and soy wax together in a double boiler or a heat-resistant container placed in a pot of boiling water. Be sure to monitor the temperature using a thermometer to ensure it doesn't exceed the melting point of the wax.
3. Prepare the wicks: While the wax is melting, prepare your wicks by attaching them to the bottom of your mold or container. You can use a small amount of melted wax to secure them in place.
4. Pour the wax: Once the wax has melted and reached the desired temperature, carefully pour it into your mold or container. Be sure to leave a small amount of space at the top to allow for expansion as the wax cools.
5. Let it cool: Allow the wax to cool and solidify completely before moving or lighting the candle. This process can take several hours, so be patient and resist the temptation to rush it.
6. Trim the wick: Once the candle has cooled and hardened, trim the wick to a length of about 1/4 inch. This will ensure a clean and even burn.
Now, you're ready to light your day and night candles and enjoy their mesmerizing glow. These candles are perfect for creating a cozy ambiance in your home, and their long burn time makes them a cost-effective choice.
If you're new to candle making or would like to learn more advanced techniques, consider taking a candle making class. Candle Fairy offers a variety of classes where you can learn how to make beeswax candles, soy wax candles, and more. These classes are taught by experienced candle makers who will guide you through the process step by step.
So, whether you're looking to create your own day and night candles or explore the art of candle making, Candle Fairy has everything you need to get started. Discover the magic of candle making today!
Happy candle making!