Luna Beaumont is a creative artist and candle maker who finds inspiration in nature and spirituality. She is known for her whimsical, hand-painted candles and her dedication to using natural ingredients. Luna enjoys teaching others how to incorporate mindfulness and intention into their candle making process.
Making 100% beeswax candles is a wonderful way to create beautiful, natural candles that fill your home with a warm and inviting glow. Beeswax is a natural and sustainable material that has been used for centuries in candle making. It has a lovely, natural scent and burns cleanly, without releasing any harmful toxins into the air. Plus, beeswax candles have a longer burn time compared to other types of candles.
To make 100% beeswax candles, you will need a few key ingredients and supplies. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
1. Gather your supplies: You will need beeswax sheets, candle wicks, a ruler, scissors, and a hairdryer or heat gun.
2. Measure and cut the beeswax sheets: Start by measuring the desired length of your candle and add an extra inch for the bottom. Use a ruler to mark the measurement on the beeswax sheet, then cut along the line using scissors.
3. Attach the wick: Place the wick along one edge of the beeswax sheet, leaving about an inch of wick sticking out at the top. Press the wick firmly into the beeswax to secure it in place.
4. Roll the candle: Carefully and tightly roll the beeswax sheet around the wick, making sure to keep it straight and even. Apply gentle pressure as you roll to ensure a tight and secure candle.
5. Seal the bottom: Once you have rolled the entire sheet, use a hairdryer or heat gun to warm the bottom edge of the beeswax. This will soften the wax and allow you to press it firmly against the candle, sealing it shut.
6. Trim the wick: Use scissors to trim the wick to your desired length, leaving about 1/4 inch above the candle.
7. Decorate (optional): If you want to add a decorative touch to your beeswax candle, you can use a hairdryer or heat gun to soften the wax and press on additional beeswax sheets in different colors or shapes. Get creative and have fun with it!
And there you have it - your very own 100% beeswax candle! It's important to note that beeswax can be a bit delicate, so handle your candles with care to avoid any cracking or damage. Also, be sure to burn your beeswax candles on a heat-resistant surface and never leave them unattended.
If you're new to candle making or want to learn more advanced techniques, consider taking a beeswax candle making class. These classes are a great way to learn from experienced candle makers and gain hands-on experience. You can find beeswax candle making classes near you by searching online or checking with local craft stores.
So why not give it a try? Making 100% beeswax candles is a rewarding and enjoyable craft that allows you to create beautiful, natural candles for yourself or to give as thoughtful gifts. Enjoy the process and the warm, soothing glow of your handmade beeswax candles!